Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Review: July Glossybox USA!

So far, I've had mixed feelings about Glossybox. It's kind of a hefty price for a box of beauty samples ($21), but they do tend to have significantly larger sample sizes. If you want to see more of my opinions on Glossybox, check out my May and June Glossybox reviews. This month's products were all centered around Summer Nights. Keep in mind that Glossybox sends out their boxes at the end of each month, rather than the middle (like Birchbox and Glossybox). With the box, also comes GlossyMag, a little Glossybox exclusive magazines with featured beauty products, tips, and tricks.


This month, my box had 5 core items and 2 little bonus packets. According to Glossybox, the products this month were chosen to "offer you the essentials you'll need to indulge in products that show off your sun kissed skin and hair and enhance sultry skin." I was immediately pleased with the size of the products, before even trying them out.

Alessandro International Pedix Heel Rescue Balm- I was pleased to find this product in my Glossybox. I have fairly dry heels and I've been trying to eliminate that lately! I haven't tried this yet, but I'm hoping this really works! Full size- $18.50, Sample size- 5.55
Ofra Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil- Surprisingly, the color looked perfect for my brows, and it went on smoothly. It's partly made with beeswax, making it really stay on your brow area and it's also water resistant. I loved that this was full size! Full size- $10

Sebastian Color Ignite Multi Tone Shampoo- This shampoo is specifically designed for color-treated hair. It's intended to add moisturize, which is really all I'm looking for in a shampoo! Full size- $14.95, Sample size- $3.03
Sebastian Color Ignite Multi Tone Conditioner- This conditioner is also targeted at color-treated hair. The conditioner is actually a foam, which is rather unique. Full size- $16.95, Sample size $4.24




Senna Cosmetics Double Dose Lip Lacquer- I was really excited to see a full size makeup product in my box! This features two thick glosses: a pink with small flecks of iridescent glitter and a bronze/brown color. Though I definitely won't be wearing the brown, the pink is nice.  The glosses are semi-opaque. Full size- $22
Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Hand & Body Emulsion- These two packets weren't counted as part of the box, just little extras thrown in. I tried one of the packets and I really liked it. It's a really moisturizing lotion and has a super strong almond scent. Personally, I'm a huge fan of almond scents (it reminds me of these almond cookies my mom makes every Christmas), but I know not everyone loves the scent. Full size- $24, Sample size (both packets combined), $0.82

Price of box- $21, Worth of box- $45.64

The price of the products in size were worth more than double $21. However, how much the box is worth to each person will differ, because of the products. If you love all of the products and will use them all, it's totally worth the cash, but if you hate most of them, it's probably not your best bet. Overall, I was pretty pleased with this box and I'm totally obsessed with the little bonus almond lotion!

Have you tried Glossybox? How did you feel about your box this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...